These terms and conditions are to be agreed by parents or guardians when they accept an offer of an enrolment for a student at Matrix Education. These terms and conditions supersede any prior agreements you have entered into with us for our services.
“Matrix” and “Matrix Education” means Matrix Education Pty Ltd (ABN 38 090 093 806)
“Student” means the child or children enrolled at Matrix
“T&C” means Enrolment Agreement and Direct Debit Terms & Conditions (this agreement)
“We” means the customer/s, being the student’s parent(s) or guardian(s), as applicable
There are other capitalised words in this document; The Matrix Education Resources Policy contains further information on this.
We understand, acknowledge and agree to the following:
- Once we accept an offer of an enrolment at Matrix, we are committed to one full term for every course in which a student is enrolled and the respective fees are immediately and fully payable.
- We agree to pay Matrix a one off enrolment fee which is non-refundable.
- Unless we notify Matrix by the end of a current term to terminate the enrolment for the following term, Matrix will enrol the student for the following term. In such circumstances the student’s enrolment for the following term is automatically confirmed and the respective fees are immediately and fully payable on the next scheduled direct debit date.
- Matrix may suspend or terminate the enrolment of the student whose fees are in arrears.
- No credit or refund, either in whole or in part, will be provided if the student is absent due to any reason such as illness, leave, enrolment suspension or termination.
- If a lesson is postponed or changes made due to an event (eg, teacher’s illness, natural disaster, power outage, etc) the postponed lesson will be rescheduled to a later date, or a substitute teacher may take the class. No credit or refund, either in whole or in part, will be provided in this regard.
- If Matrix resources are lost or missing, we must request for a replacement which will be at the sole discretion of Matrix. A fee will apply if the replacement is issued.
- Interest on unpaid amounts due and payable to Matrix will apply at 10% per annum.
9. For the fees payable to Matrix, we authorise Matrix to:
a. Debit from our nominated account (the details of which we provided to you over the phone, or in the Direct Debit Request form),
b. For an amount that is confirmed in our enrolment confirmation letter and/or tax invoice (sent via email).
10. Matrix may debit or charge us through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS) and that direct debiting through BECS is not available on all accounts. As such, we must provide a valid credit or debit card to Matrix which will allow direct debiting through BECS.
11. Matrix may contact our financial institution to verify the details of our nominated account.
12. This authorisation is to remain in force until the enrolment is terminated.
13. It is our responsibility that:
a. Our account information supplied to Matrix is correct by checking it against a recent statement from our financial institution,
b. Our account information is always up to date,
c. Our nominated account can accept direct debits through the BECS,
d. Sufficient funds are available in the nominated account to meet a payment on its due date,
e. If we believe a payment has been incorrectly initiated, or there is a discrepancy in a payment amount, we must contact Matrix immediately using the below contact information and notify the issue/s:
Chat to our service team online
Head Office: Level 4, 210 Clarence Street, SYDNEY NSW 2000
Mail: PO Box Q282 QVB NSW 1230
14. Direct debit may take up to 5 days to come out of our account.
15. Direct debit related investigations upon our inquiry to Matrix could take up to 7 days for Matrix to investigate and respond.
16. Refunds may take up to 14 days to appear in our account depending on the financial institution of our nominated account.
17. Credit transfers could take up to 5 days to appear in our Matrix account.
18. Direct debits usually occur on the 8th of each month (for quarterly payers, direct debits occur on the 8th of the first month of each quarter) and depending on the schedule of the lessons, the first lesson date may be after the payment date.
19. For declined transactions the following procedures and policies will apply:
a. The enrolment may be suspended until the outstanding fee is paid,
b. A late fee may apply on each declined transaction,
c. Without notice, Matrix can attempt to debit the nominated account up to 5 times and the above late fee may apply on each declined transaction,
d. Matrix is not liable for any dishonour fees charged by our financial institution,
e. After 5 consecutive unsuccessful direct debit attempts, Matrix can refer the matter to an external debt collector and we are liable for any costs incurred by Matrix as a consequence of covering payment.
20. If our financial institution requests Matrix to disclose our personal information in connection with a claim made to correct/investigate an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit or otherwise as required by law, Matrix may disclose the requested information to our financial institution.
21. Matrix will provide at least 14 days prior notice if any terms in this T&C change.
22. All Matrix students are to support the ethos and to abide by the Matrix policies which form part of this agreement and which are available on Matrix’s website or via the Matrix Service Team.
Prior to signing this agreement, we have been given a reasonable opportunity to view Matrix Education Policies on Matrix’s website or via Matrix Service Team.
Matrix reserves the right to amend Matrix policies in its sole discretion from time to time having regard to changes developments in curriculum, the education sector, legal and regulatory amendments, and economic conditions. We and our students agree to abide by Matrix Policies as amended from time to time.
23. All Matrix students are required to behave in a respectful manner to other students and Matrix staff at all times.
24. Matrix reserves the right to suspend or terminate any enrolment at their sole discretion.
25. Class changes can only be made once per term and is subject to class availability at the time of request.
26. The student’s personal property is not insured by Matrix and it does not accept any responsibility for loss.
27. We will be liable for costs incurred by our students intentionally damaging Matrix property.
28. Matrix may request and publish the student’s school exam results, HSC results, ATAR results and photographs.
Copyright and confidential information
29. Matrix Academic Resources are copyright and Confidential Information.
30. Matrix Academic Resources are provided by Matrix exclusively for the purposes of Matrix providing education services to Matrix students. Matrix Academic Resources cannot be reproduced, on-sold, published, gifted or otherwise used for any other purpose. Further details are contained in the Matrix Education Resources Policy.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
31. The personal information provided at the time of enrolment may be used by Matrix for a variety of purposes including but not limited to:
a. Student administration
b. Student surveys
c. Promotional campaigns
d. The provision of a safe environment for Matrix students
and the personal information may be disclosed to a third party if:
i. Required by the law
ii. Authorised by the law
iii. The parents/carers have consented to disclosing of the personal information
iv. Deemed appropriate by Matrix management team for the purposes of the student’s education, health, care, welfare or development.
32. The information provided to Matrix at the time of enrolment is complete and correct to the best of our knowledge. We also understand that the purposely giving false, misleading or incomplete information may lead to the refusal of acceptance, financial liability for damages or cancellation of enrolment.