Current School Closures - Thursday 29 October 2020
- Malek Fahd Islamic School - Hoxton Park Campus ONLY
If any student from a closed school has a class scheduled at Matrix while their school is closed, a representative of Matrix will contact them to ask them to stay home and they will not be allowed at any Matrix campus at this time.
If a school is closed on a Friday, please note that the students from the closed school who have classes scheduled on Saturday and Sunday can not attend their classes at Matrix.
Current COVID-19 Updates
We would like to remind our Matrix community to keep up to date with the latest in case locations in NSW, which can be found here.
If you or your household members have been to any of the COVID-19 case locations on the specified dates and times, you must follow the NSW Health directives to self isolate and/or get tested.
A reminder that if you are self isolating or awaiting COVID-19 test results, you must not come to Matrix.
Important COVID-19 measures we have put in place:
- Temperature checks will be conducted for all staff and students on arrival into Matrix. All students and staff who present with a temperature 37.5°C or above will be sent home immediately
- All students and staff will be required to sanitise their hands when entering a Matrix campus. Hand sanitisers are available upon entry and at various points on campus and in classrooms.
- Matrix students should be wearing face masks when travelling to and from campuses on public transport. Students must wear masks during workshops and are encouraged to wear masks during class and on campus.
- Students should only be on campus if they have a scheduled class or workshop. Waiting areas and study spaces are closed until further notice. Parents should not visit the campuses. If absolutely necessary they will need to sign in and respect social distancing guidelines.
- Students must not attend Matrix if they are feeling unwell. You can notify Matrix of your absence by calling 1300 008 008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If a student becomes unwell during their class, they will be isolated while waiting for a parent or guardian to collect them.
- We will not be loaning stationery and calculators to students to minimise contact. Please ensure you bring your own stationery including a calculator for Maths and Science.
- Our cleaning team has been instructed to ensure all surfaces are cleaned and disinfected thoroughly, including handrails, door handles, bathrooms, and other high touch areas. Our staff are also cleaning high touch areas regularly throughout the day.
- If you are sick or have had contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 you must self-isolate at home.
There have been no reported cases of COVID-19 infection amongst students and staff at any Matrix campus.
Matrix Education is preparing for any disruptions that may occur due to the COVID-19 virus.
Matrix is taking the possibility of infection seriously as the health and welfare of our students and staff is our highest priority. We're closely following the latest instructions and advice from the Department of Education, NSW Health and all relevant state and national government authorities. However we will not hesitate to implement additional measures if we believe the circumstance pose an unacceptable risk to our students and staff.
We’re taking extra steps to ensure our campuses are clean, hygienic environments for students and staff.
Matrix will also be suspending all seminars, large events, university practical days, large staff meetings, and interstate courses until further notice for the safety and protection of all our students and staff.
We're closely following all instructions and advice issued by the Department of Education, NSW Health and all relevant state and national government authorities. However we will not hesitate to implement additional measures if we believe the circumstances pose an unacceptable risk to our students and staff.
At Matrix, we remain committed to supporting all students and staff throughout this time. We are ready to help you on campus and online.
We are continually following the latest updates of the virus and this page will keep you informed about our response. We are taking all necessary steps to ensure that we continue to support our students and staff.