Important COVID-19 measures we have put in place:
- All students and staff will be required to sanitise their hands when entering a Matrix campus. Hand sanitisers are available upon entry and at various points on campus and in classrooms. Hand washing facilities with soap and basins are available in the toilets.
- Students should only be on campus if they have a scheduled class or workshop. Waiting areas and study spaces are closed until further notice.
- We ask parents not to visit our campuses. If it is absolutely necessary for a parent to visit on campus we ask that you respect social distancing guidelines when interacting with anyone on the campus.
- Students must not attend Matrix if they are feeling unwell. You can notify Matrix of your absence by calling 1300 008 008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If a student becomes unwell during their class, they will be isolated while waiting for a parent or guardian to collect them.
- We will not be loaning stationery and calculators to students to minimise contact. Please ensure you bring your own stationery including a calculator for Maths and Science.
- Our cleaning team has been instructed to ensure all surfaces are cleaned and disinfected thoroughly, including handrails, door handles, bathrooms, and other high touch areas. Our staff are also cleaning high touch areas regularly throughout the day.
- If you are sick, have returned from overseas in the past 14 days, or have had contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 you must self-isolate at home.
There have been no reported cases of COVID-19 infection amongst students and staff at any Matrix campus.
Matrix Education is preparing for any disruptions that may occur due to the COVID-19 virus.
Matrix is taking the possibility of infection seriously as the health and welfare of our students and staff is our highest priority. We're closely following the latest instructions and advice from The Department of Education and NSW Health. However we will not hesitate to implement additional measures if we believe the circumstance pose an unacceptable risk to our students and staff.
We’re taking extra steps to ensure our campuses are clean, hygienic environments for students and staff. These measures include increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitisation in all our campuses, including high-touch areas such as desks, chairs, handrails and counters. We ask all students to wash their hands upon entry - we've provided complimentary hand sanitisers and face masks on campus.
As requested by the state and national authorities, we request that our Matrix community practice social distancing and self-isolation. Students who come into contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 should self-isolate for a period of 14 days. We will also be suspending all seminars, large events, university practical days, large staff meetings, and interstate courses until further notice for the safety and protection of all our students and staff.
All Matrix campuses are all located in commercial office building spaces which are exempt from the Indoor Gathering guidelines. The guidelines also exempt other services such as schools, public transport and supermarkets.
We're closely following all instructions and advice issued by the NSW Health and the Department of Education. However we will not hesitate to implement additional measures if we believe the circumstances pose an unacceptable risk to our students and staff.
At Matrix, we remain committed to supporting all students and staff throughout this time. We are ready to help you on campus and online.
Matrix Students, Parents and Staff
Any Matrix student, parent or staff member returning from overseas must self-isolate for 14 days from the date of their return. They can then return to Matrix if they show no cold or flu-like symptoms at the end of the 14 days. If you plan to travel overseas or have recently returned from overseas, please let the Service team know so they can provide you with advice moving forward about your Matrix attendance and to ensure the ongoing safety of our Matrix community.
- Although campuses will be disinfected each day, students and staff are asked to practice safe hygiene on campus by sterilising hands upon entry. Hand sanitisers and face masks are available at each campus.
- Matrix Education campuses will continue to operate as normal. We are currently preparing our alternative learning arrangements in anticipation of various scenarios that may develop should the situation in relation to COVID-19 continue to evolve.
We are continually following the latest updates of the virus and this page will keep you informed about our response. We are taking all necessary steps to ensure that we continue to support both students and staff and we remain in close contact with both Government and NSW Health officials.